jueves, 29 de noviembre de 2018

FAVORITE BOOK






Hi! I have three favorite authors: Jorge Luis Borges, Fyodor Dostoievski and José María Arguedas.  And just my favorite book is Crime and Punishment by Dostovieski.  I like Dostoevsky too much and especially "Crime and Punishment", because he knows too well how to create an atmosphere, something very few authors can achieve. So much is the creation of worlds that Dostoevsky can make in his books, Self can feel sensations and thoughts of the characters, without the author expressing in his words such sensations. For those who do not know, "Crime and Punishment" is about a student who is overwhelmed by debts he must leave school. To solve his situation, the protagonist of the novel decides to steal and kill the old usurer with whom he pawned his few possessions.


Leaving aside Dostoevsky and literature, I also like to read a lot about philosophy, so I like the stories and poems of Jorge Luis Borges, because they contain a strong philosophical burden. Speaking fully about philosophy, some of the authors that I really like are Debord, Marx, Marcuse, Benjamin and others. In general I like that critical philosophy. For the same the last book I read is "Money" author John Kenneth Galbraith, a political economist from England. For those who want to get into the critique of political economy, this book I read, is a good introduction as it is not difficult to read and very enjoyable and entertaining


2 comentarios: